Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Potato Love

I don’t remember since when, but my fondness for potatoes probably dates back to the earliest of my memories. And my parents vouch for that. I couldn’t resist potatoes as a child, and I still maintain that. Besides, staying in a place like Pune, where potatoes are a staple, has drawn me only closer to my favorite vegetable. The mere sight of round potatoes with unblemished and shiny skin makes me smile. Just as it did today when I went veggie shopping oblivious of the shop keeper’s confused glances! Nevertheless, I bought a batch of those beauties, came home, cooked up a delectable dish of my favorite ‘Aloo Gobi’ and had a satiating meal for the night.

Who says potatoes are bad?!? They sure know how to keep me happy!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...