Monday, April 14, 2008

Ah, the Indian mango season!

Once again it’s that time of the year when one can see carts and loads of mangoes everywhere- different varieties of them from all over the country. Just yesterday my mom-in-law, hubby, son and I drove to the ever so famous Natural ice cream shop because we knew some “mango specials” would have arrived. And to our (and our taste bud’s!) pleasure we found that we weren’t wrong. As we were waiting in the car, my hubby got us mango fudge. First a layer of mango ice cream, and then freshly cut mango pieces topped with a huge scoop of mango ice cream again. The sweet taste of mangoes is something every Indian craves for. And I’m no different! I had my first bite of the fruit and my mouth savored the juicy and delicious taste that satisfies me each and every time I have it. Within no time, we had emptied our bowl and needless to say it was an ultimate contentment attained. But the good news is that this is just the beginning and there are lots more variety of mangoes to come during this season. And I eagerly await the same.

Welcome, O king of fruits!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...