Sunday, November 8, 2015

Holy Moly, Guacamole!

It has been five months since my return from the most fabulous vacation of my life to the US. And ever since I'm back, there has been but one change in my old routine. I miss my niece to bits. She is my doll, my princess, the daughter I never had. And I always find myself wanting to get her that dress at the mall or the pink glittery book that she might like. But there is one more thing that I miss. And that's guacamole. Having eaten the Chipotle rice bowl many a times during my stay there, I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to replicate it at home. The thought had been haunting me for a while and I had almost given up the hope of finding avocados here in Pune and even did some googling for some pathetic substitutes. Well, what can I say, desperate times!

You know what they say about dreams coming true at the time you least expect it, and all that? That really happens. I was at Dorabjees for my Diwali shopping and there, among the fruits, I caught sight of the most beautiful green avocados. The were like eighty rupees a fruit but if you remember, desperate times...yeah. So, I just grabbed a couple and couldn't wait to try them at home. I scooped out the pulp and mashed it well. Then I added some chopped onions, tomatoes, chillies, coriander leaves, salt and lime juice and.... tadaaaa!! There it was! My creation, my favorite - a creamy, yummy guacamole!

The family loved it. We paired it with some chips and it was all finished in a jiffy. Now that I know where I can get my hands on the avocados, I can make them whenever I crave for some Mexican twist. I felt so ecstatic after my success that now my mission is to recreate the Chipotle rice bowl at home. The hardest part was the guac and with that sorted, the rest is going to be easy. Surely, if the recipe is a hit, I will be posting it on my blog for all you guys to try. Believe me, it is a delicious and healthy meal and you'll comeback for more. So, I leave with the taste of that guac lingering on my tongue but not without posting a picture of it. Do give it a try and enjoy!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...